Wednesday 9 December 2009

The Good Life

Dress (Clothes Show Live) Opaque tights, Dune "Zinc" shoes (Local market) Silver bangles and rings (India) Earrings (Ethel Austin) Oversized vintage bag (Car Boot Sale)  

         My second Clothes Show purchase so reminded me of the fab frocks worn by Penelope Keith as Margo Leadbetter in the sit-com "The Good Life". She and Yootha Joyce who played Mildred Roper in"Man About The House"were regular fixtures on the TV when I was growing up. I loved their decadent dress sense and couldn't wait to grow up and replicate their style, their signature outrageous patterns and fabrics and lurid make-up.
This English-made 1960's acetate cape-dress zips up at the back and has inside ties so that it can be worn loose as a poncho or knotted at the waist and worn as a dress. I loved the glorious green and turquoise print and at £15 thought it well worth the money. Apparently the vintage clothes shop it came from is frequented by Fearne Cotton, wonder if she tried it on?
Worn with opaques and heels it'll be great for a night out or for a quirky casual look I'll team it with leggings and ankle boots.

7 comments:

  1. Love it, what a bargain :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous print & I adore the cape cut.
    ...xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this! Stylish lady!

    I love how you rock it with a clashing bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the print on this dress! and I LOVE the shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Thanks for the comments. Can't wait to wear it.
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for leaving a message. Please don't be anonymous, I'd love it if you left a name (or a nom de plume).

Lots of love, Vix